Nominations for the award are accepted for any individual whose leadership and life work has directly contributed to addressing the sexual rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people in their community.
An individual can be self nominated or be nominated by an individual or organization familiar with the nominee’s work.
A nomination form must be completed online by an individual or organization. Nominations are accepted in English, French or Spanish.
All nominations must be submitted by the deadline.
Completing the Nomination Form
To submit an award nomination, a nomination form must be completed online. Please read the nomination guidelines carefully and complete all sections.
Provide the name and contact details of the nominating individual (person submitting the nomination).
If this is not a self-nomination, provide the name and contact details of the nominee (person being nominated to receive the award).
Provide the organization, contact person, and contact details of two organizations familiar with the nominee’s work. If the nominee is short-listed for the award, they will be contacted in September and requested to provide two (2) letters of support.
Provide a brief biography of the nominee (maximum 250 words).
Provide an explanation of how the nominee fulfils the five key criteria (maximum 500 words):
- Proven leadership in promoting the sexual rights of LGBTI people;
- Evidence of commitment to issue;
- Demonstrated courage in overcoming obstacles;
- Ability to inspire and be an example to others; and
- Pioneering approach to work.
Provide a further narrative about the nominee utilizing the headings to explain how the nominee fulfils the award criteria (maximum 250 words each):
- Describe the potential for the award to strengthen your/nominee's efforts;
- Describe the potential for the award to enhance visibility and public awareness;
- Any further details about yourself/nominee that the award committee should take into consideration.